Friday 4 April 2014

The First Attack



I started going to school when I was about 7 years old. 
The school was quite far, about 1.5 miles. So, everyday I walked for 3 miles (5 kilometres) both ways. My school was very near the Ipoh airport. One day, when I was in Standard 3 or 4, suddenly Iheard a very loud siren. The Japanese planes were attacking the Ipoh airport! They dropped bombs and were shooting at the airport. We were all asked to run into a rubber plantation near the school! We quickly hid behind one tree each. The bullets started to come our way, from the front. There, I had the most exciting experience of watching the bullets touching the trees around me, left and right. I was too young to feel scared. It was all fun! Nobody was hurt because we had one tree each to protect us. Finally, the planes went off, and we all went back to school.

A few days after that, the school closed. The world war had started!




4 comments:

  1. The velocity of the large calibre bulllets ve gone thru the tree. The kids were lucky !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last sentence is Epic !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't imagine..... Real bullets!!!
    --Linda--

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're right. Very lucky kids!!

    ReplyDelete